Sunday 25 January 2015

Reading List

Below is my reading list. I usually send this list to anyone who is having a hard time after diagnosis. I have read all the books below, and they have really assisted me in finding who I want to be after diagnosis. I find myself reading these books over and over again whenever I start to struggle with my worries, fears and diagnosis.

Most of the books mostly deal with Cancer and more common diseases than PH. That being said, a lot of the stories share in these books are about people who beat the odds. People who have beaten statistics and improved far greater than the diagnosis given to them. As I have said before, I think that hope found in hopeless situations can be shared and inspiring. Hopefully you are as inspired as I was by these incredibly crucial books. The books below discuss the characteristics of survivors with Cancer and other diseases- and I think that these characteristics will help anyone thrive after many diagnosis.


Reading List


A Book of Miracles
by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel, Deepak Chopra


Peace, Love and Healing: Bodymind Communication & the Path to Self-Healing: An Exploration by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel

Love, Medicine and Miracles: Lessons Learned about Self-Healing from a Surgeon's Experience with Exceptional Patients by Dr. Bernie Siegel

The Art of Healing: Uncovering Your Inner Wisdom and Potential for Self-Healing by Dr. Bernie S. Siegel

Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself by Lissa Rankin M.D.

From Incurable to Incredible: Cancer Survivors Who Beat the Odds by Tami Boehmer, Doug Ulman, Dr. Bernie S. Siegel

Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds by Kelly A. Turner PhD

Spontaneous Healing Andrew by Weil Md

Dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing by Anita Moorjani (Thank you Rob and Courtney.)

You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter by Dr. Joe Dispenza
Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind/Body Medicine By Deepak Chopra


Defining the New Normal: A Guide to Becoming More Than Your Diagnosis by Colleen Brunetti

I haven't finished Defining the New Normal yet - but I can already tell that it belongs on this list! Colleen (click here to see her PHighter Friday journey,) has created a sort of work book to help others find their way through diagnosis. I really enjoy reading more about Colleen's journey with PH. As someone with PH, Colleen has a great prescriptive on how to work your way through diagnosis and cope. Her book is available for free on Kindle until January 26th, 2015- so make sure you snag a copy!


And a big thank you goes out to my Uncle Heath for gifting me with  a Kindle so I can have all of these books at my finger tips at all time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment